**The Details: **
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Hours: Mon-Fri 3pm-11pm
Requirements: Must have strong customer service skills. Must be able to stand for a long period of time.
The Spirit of the Position:
The Cashier is responsible for greeting, engaging and interacting with all customers entering and exiting the facility. The position requires cash handling, making correct change, monitoring transactions, etc. for traffic entering/exiting the facility.
How do you know if this is the right job for you?!
- Dynamic. You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Dependable. Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Proficient in basic math.
- Good at communicating professionally and effectively.
- A team player. You’re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
- Capable of working in an unsupervised setting.
- Able to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
What will I do?
- Meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer service.
- Collect the parking fees and provide correct change.
- Understand and know how to handle different types of parkers; i.e. tenants, visitors, employees, administration, etc.
- Understand the surroundings and building area in order to answer questions.
- Complete the daily report.
- Assist in staffing the exit or entry booth during peak collection hours in order to facilitate exit/entry should problems occur.
- Communicate with management, supervisors and traffic directors.
- Answer customer service questions concerning parking and answer general customer. Inquiries in a courteous, professional and effective manner, referring questions to the supervisor when applicable.
- Determine traffic flow in times of equipment failure or during periods of construction.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Field additional duties if they are assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience is required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to be flexible, work multiple facility locations.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.