Parking Enforcement Attendant
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Enforcement Agent is responsible for enforcing parking ordinances by issuing citations in an effective and efficient manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
Principal Job Duties:
- Monitor parking lot for vehicles in violation of parking ordinances and issue citations for vehicles in violation in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Accurately key in vehicle license plates and other vehicle information and violation information using hand held ticket issuance system.
- Maintain and care for all company-issued equipment.
- Promote good customer relations by consistently providing premier customer satisfaction with a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in general labor.
- Experience in an on-street or routed is preferred but not required.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of the city or area the position is located.
- General knowledge of hand held devices and computers.
- Ability to handle challenging and, at times, emotionally-charged situations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Demonstrates the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of how to operate various types of motor vehicles.
- Ability to produce and maintain an acceptable driving record and unrestricted drivers’ license.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift continuously throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.