Banquet Captain - Hospitality
Benefits of joining the LAZ Family:
- Employee Referral Program- $100
- Pay Rate Range- $17-24/hr + CASH TIPS
- Pay Active – On-demand access to earned wages, get up to 50% of your earned wages immediately.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Transit and Commuter Benefits in Select Markets
- Locations- Mondrian
We recognize our LAZ family members as our most important asset and, as part of our commitment to people, we strive to ensure that our package of benefits provides peace of mind. LAZ Parking offers a generous benefits package including:
Healthcare Financing Options – Get 0% financing to help pay for health-related expenses
- Life and Disability Benefits
- Supplemental Health
- And much more!
We are committed to help you be well, not just at work but across all aspects of your life. The following programs are available to help support you, free of charge.
- Health Coaching & Resources One-on-one health coaching is available to all employees whether you choose to enroll in LAZ Benefits or not.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) you and eligible members of your household have 24/7 access to confidential counseling.
- Smoking Cessation Program
The Spirit of the Position:
Serve food and beverage items to customers in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner.
What will I do?
Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen, as provided.
Ensure service corridor safety by transporting all equipment in the proper manner. Be responsible for handling of all equipment and linens. Ensure that all spills and breakage are attended to immediately.
Gather all equipment necessary to service a function and maintain a clear and immaculate service corridor.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with LAZ Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist in moving any tables and chairs as assigned.
- Inform supervisor of any problems or complaints.
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of table service standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items and methods of preparation.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.