Director of Business Development
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Director of Business Development supports the Regional Vice President with business opportunity outreach and sales for the region. The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying, ranking, developing and managing prospects and then successfully bringing the prospect through the sales pipeline to a successful close.
Principal Job Duties:
- Assist the region with the business development, proposal, presentation, and transition of new locations.
- Drive organic growth for all business silos, including proposal preparation and financial modeling, presentations and assistance of transitions for new locations for the region.
- Attend regional real estate networking events; minimum 4 events per month.
- Develop and maintain Salesforce metrics for the region; Regional Sales Force Champion.
- Maintain region’s automated field lead system.
- Work directly with the RVPs and Regional Directors to ensure solutions are delivered to support internal and external client needs.
- Build a pipeline of new business for the region.
- Partner with operations and various administrative departments within the region to prepare proposals and ensure timely submission.
- Assist in implementation and completion of other regional projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the portfolio’s operation.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years in sales management role with direct business development responsibilities in parking, real estate, hospitality, or related field.
- Experience selling large, multi-year services contracts for owned, leased or managed facilities.
- Experience in sales with business contacts in the position’s region is preferred.
- Experience structuring and consulting on projects for large customers and clients.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to develop sales strategies, value/benefit analysis and return on investment analysis.
- Thorough understanding of bidding and/or proposal processes.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.