Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say, “parking is our industry, but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
Do you love driving cars? Meeting new people? Are you energetic and fast on your feet? Well then, we are looking for you. We are hiring a Ambassador to greet and create a welcoming atmosphere for our employee, patients, guests, and clients at our Kaiser-Roseville location.
A LAZ Ambassador plays a significant role in the success of the company. They are the first person our patients and guests see upon arrival, and the last person our patients and guests see when they depart. A warm welcome, smiling face, and professional demeanor are of the utmost importance.
What Will I Do?
This position has been developed to assist clients with performing on-site medical screening specifically for COVID-19 to prevent the spread within the facility. The Ambassador is an unlicensed medical role specifically operating within the protocols established for screening humans for possible infection utilizing individual questionnaires, a brief exam consisting of a tympanic, forehead, and/or oral temperature, and general appearance according to the protocols.
- Part-Time; willingness to be flexible with work schedule, 6am-11pm, Mon-Sun
- Must wear medical mask and face shield throughout the shift
- Strong customer service experience.
- $13.50 per hour; 24 hours per week; 6 hours per day
- Shift starts immediately
- Welcoming each patient and guest with a warm smile and offering to help him/her/them to find the appropriate destination within the hospital quickly.
- Scans employee, patient, and guest for signs of fever through a tympanic, forehead, and/or oral thermometer upon entry to the hospital.
- Reporting cases of positive and negative responses according to established protocols.
- You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Good at communicating and have the ability to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
- A team player. You’re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.