Business Intelligence Analyst
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
Based in Dallas, TX, as part of our Corporate Finance department, the Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with our Director of Growth & Development, Vice President of Operations, Regional Vice Presidents, and IT on business analytics and revenue and yield management projects using IBM Cognos / TM1 and Microsoft Power BI.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is part of a team of professionals that analyzes complex business problems and issues using internal & external data to provide strategic business insight; identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets; and produces datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools. The role will require a strong understanding of operations in order to drive value for our portfolio of over 2,000 parking locations across the country. The ideal candidate will help management translate strategy into operational objectives, thus driving value for our clients and our company.
· Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide strategic and actionable business insights with the overarching goal to revenue and improvement of operational efficiencies across the business.
· Execute the vision and strategy for the analytics team that creates and maintains ad hoc and recurring analytics for various stakeholders.
· Participates in cross-functional teams of technical & business partners, including senior stakeholders, to identify both revenue enhancement opportunities and operations efficiencies and create analytics and dashboards to monitor trends and detect outliers.
· Leverage statistics to interpret trends and patterns in datasets to locate outliers, construct forecasts and recommend monitoring solutions for business partners.
· Use technical experience and background to develop and leverage the long term analytical data solutions and relevant analytics.
· Communicate results by developing dynamic and visual reporting that clearly communicates trends and makes logical recommendations for the future.
· Leverage strong business acumen, presentation and communication skills to create and present analysis in a relevant, consumable, meaningful, and insightful ways.
· Performing ad-hoc analysis and participate in special projects as necessary.
· Collaborate and strategize with Director of Operations, IT and senior management to develop additional analysis.