Assistant Valet Manager
Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Assistant Valet Manager oversees the operations for the Hotel valet locations, under the direction of the Valet Manager to ensure 24/7 professional valet parking management. As a company devoted to promoting an employee-focused servant leadership culture, the Assistant Valet Manager will support the programs and initiatives originating from our home office and help to support the individual needs of their operational teams throughout their assigned location.
Principal Job Duties:
- Assist with the management and development of the Hotel valet team to accomplish annual and periodic goals/initiatives, while embodying and using LAZ Parking’s culture as a guideline.
- Identifying high potential employees to support the organization’s continued growth.
- Support Valet Manager with valet time entries into payroll system, scheduling valet shifts, valet training, etc.
- Responsible for payroll processing; ensuring sign off on hours in timely manner; collaborate with the local payroll department to ensure pay data is completed properly; work with Human Resources Manager to ensure proper wage and hour compliance.
- Responsible for assisting with the opening of newly assigned locations.
- Responsible for financial management of assigned location ensuring adherence to budget and revenue enhancements as it relates to staffing, scheduling and operational expenses.
- Responsible for developing client relationships and business retention.
- Organize and narrate valet parking management skills for Team Leaders and frontline staff.
- Assist the region with the operations preparation for potential new locations as it relates to valet services, etc.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual financial and operational reports as required.
- Ensuring that increased revenue, managed expenses, and customer satisfaction is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service thresholds and initiatives that are aligned with the expectations of our various clients.
- Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of Team Leaders and frontline staff.
- Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of assigned location.
- Communicate with local police department and emergency management teams related to claims and daily operation.
- Assist with the monitoring, review, and analysis of the market rate structures.
- Implementation and completion of other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from assigned location.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- 1+ years in Management or Supervisory role.
- 2-4 years of previous experience working in valet environment.
- Experience leading a group of 10-20 individuals.
- Previous experience working in high-stress situations with tight deadlines/high customer expectations.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point and General Microsoft Office Applications.
- Valet Parking management experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Ability to seek improvement and create an environment of idea sharing and creative problem solving.
- Capable of handling employee conflict, following grievance procedures, mediating and conflict resolution.
- Strong customer service skills and abilities.
- Ability to be approachable and facilitate coaching conversations with employees and managers.
- Ability to mitigate and lead others to overcome challenges (Never Ever Give Up Attitude).
- Ability to encourage open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and standard business practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.