Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Banquet Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing the hotel's banquet operations, while maintaining a profitable operation and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to share ideas to promote business; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the hotel's banquet operation.
- Supervise all banquet team members and staffing.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the banquet operation.
- Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) payroll, revenue, schedules, quarterly actions plans.
- Monitor quality of service in banquet operations.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures in all outlets.
- Conduct staff performance reviews.
- Prepare payroll and tip distribution.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
- Coordinate all banquet related food and beverage requirements with the appropriate departments.
- Keep kitchen informed of accurate counts for plating.
- Review menu/service with catering managers and Chefs.
- Maintain-up-to-date details on banquet functions and communicate to supervisors.
- Conduct ongoing training of captains/hourly employees to maintain standards of service.
- Make personal contact with guests and assist them with any requests.
- Supervise proper tabulation of all banquet checks and ensure that all checks are presented to guests for signature.
- Ensure safety, sanitation, and cleanliness of service areas.
- Conduct menu classes and line-ups for all functions.
- Supervise the work of banquet management and captains, and observe the performance of hourly team members.
- Control and maintain all service equipment. Write service requests as necessary.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of service standards, and different service types
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.