Want to hear something crazy? Cars only spend 5% of their time driving. Where do they spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest and fastest growing parking companies in the country. LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
We are also a PEOPLE FIRST company. We often say “parking is our industry but people are our passion.” Our mission is to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Controller yet will be an integral part of LPRI’s team environment and have an opportunity to interact with all members of LPRI’s executive management team, investors, equity partners, lenders as well as a range of accounting personnel at LPRI’s affiliated operating company, LAZ Parking. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounting functions across several of the company's entities and will work closely with LPRI’s Partners, Asset Managers and Acquisitions Officers. Additionally, the position requires accounting management, oversight and coordination with LAZ Parking as “Parking Operator”. The incumbent will support projects, and will be encouraged to develop processes and analytical tools to enhance accounting capabilities and systems.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, willingness to take on any recurring task and a strong desire to run point on special projects. The Staff Accountant will be exposed to a wide range of accounting responsibilities including banking setup and administration, reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, audits, year-end tax administration and much more. With several recent acquisitions and consequently additional reporting requirements across the company’s portfolio, this Staff Accountant need is immediate. As LPRI grows its portfolio through equity fund raising and strategic acquisitions the Staff Accountant role will provide the ideal candidate with many, additional responsibilities as well as unlimited potential for career growth and development.
- Monthly, Quarterly, Year-end Accounting:Prepare and execute journal entries. Preparation of various balance sheets. Assist with month end and year end close.
- Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable:Ensure all owner paid invoices are expensed or capitalized properly. Administer payments of monthly debt service. Reconcile all monthly expense reports. Administer weekly check run.
- Banking Oversight & Administration:Coordinate new bank account setup to ensure equity partner and lender compliance requirements are met. Prepare monthly bank statement reconciliations.
- Auditing:Assist with annual equity partner audit requirements including compiling all files, preparing work papers and audit schedules to ensure timely response to audit deadlines. Interact with 3rd party CPA and audit firms as needed.
- Tax Preparation:Prepare annual 1099 documents and administer tax filings.
- Budgeting:Assisting the Asset Managers with budget preparation.
- Special Projects:Assist Controller, Partners and Asset Managers with various special projects including but not limited to optimizing the capabilities of LPRI’s Yardi software and designing a new company website.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of GL experience ideally in real estate industry.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Yardi is preferred.
- Must have strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and work on a team.
- Desire and motivation to be part of a rapidly growing company.
FLSA Status: Exempt
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.