Art Director/Jr. Art Director
The Art Director’s primary responsibility is for the overall graphic look and execution of advertising material, managing the process from conception to completion.
- Works in a creative team with a copywriter (who provides the words to go with the visual images), designing all types of advertising material; art director and copywriter work closely together and influence each other's work to come up with ideas for an ad or ad campaign.
- Manages selection of photos/visuals to embellish creative product, scans photos, follows creative product through the prepress process, assists with proofing, manages workflow and traffic between departments for each project, communicating regularly with partner vendors and updating each accordingly, makes vendor recommendations for finding materials to complete special projects.
- Can effectively interpret client communication objectives and strategies in the form of a written Creative Brief and develop creative approaches and treatments that align with that strategy.
- Maintains current knowledge of new versions of industry software and updates Agency management accordingly of necessary upgrades.
- Designs products with creativity and a cooperative attitude toward constructive criticism from the Creative Director and Clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned, such as correcting type, helping other departments and creating illustrations, company graphics or corporate projects.
- Savvy in understanding and developing creative work that fits with the overall brand strategy, not just a particular project or assignment.
- Uses knowledge of consumer and category insights to guide creative development process.
- Presents the product or service attractively and persuasively, to draw the attention of the target group in the form of storyboards or roughs, which is presented to the team’s Creative Director and Account Team, and then to the Client.
- Good eye for color, detail, page design and photo composition; thorough knowledge and appreciation of the country lifestyle in order to understand the target audience.
- Doesn’t shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decisions on-the-fly.
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities; can produce competitive and breakthrough creative.
- Resilient, able to work under pressure and be able to cope with criticism; has enthusiasm for his/her work without becoming too attached to it; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked.
- Has a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques; a solid interest in art and design.
- Ability to produce outstanding creative work regardless of budget size.
Bachelor Degree required.