Senior Software Engineer in Test
Senior Software Engineers in Test create new test frameworks, maintain existing frameworks, and teach others to write tests based on those frameworks. The Senior SET will also be debugging software at both the test framework level as well as the product code level.
An integral member of a technical delivery team, a Senior SET will be working with a group of engineers, designers, product owners, tech support engineers, and others with a variety of skill sets. As a full member of that team, a Senior SET will be able to present work and findings in both informal and formal settings. Senior SETs will also be asked to review the work of others on the team.
Laserfiche is the leading SaaS provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. Through powerful workflows, electronic forms, document management, and analytics, the Laserfiche® platform accelerates how business gets done, enabling leaders to focus on growth across the enterprise.
Laserfiche pioneered the paperless office with enterprise content management. Today, Laserfiche’s cloud-first development approach incorporates innovations in machine learning and AI to enable organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing—use Laserfiche to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Laserfiche employees in offices around the world are committed to the company’s vision of empowering customers and inspiring people to reimagine how technology can transform lives.
Advocating for Quality
- Anticipate problems with planned implementations
- Work as a full partner with the development team to design and build the necessary hooks and debug tools for an automation framework(s)
- Review feature implementation details for missing requirements, usability, and potential performance flaws
- Create new automation frameworks to test Laserfiche applications
- Build new and useful tools to help others test more efficiently
- Define useful metrics and targets that will help the team improve the user experience
- Educate other engineers in the use of the framework so that it can be used in the creation of tests during rather than after the new feature development
- Act as a mentor to both test engineers and product development engineers
- Find and implement opportunities for improvement in team processes
- Drive the team to achieve project goals and build a sense of shared responsibility
- Build better teams and products
- Put people first, keeping our customers in mind when discussing features
- Provide support to the Technical Support team
- Identify alternative techniques and practices
- Teach other members of your team the best practices for writing defects, adding to the automation test suite, and communication skills
What You'll Need:
- Understanding that testing is a process, not a task. It is a creative process that is exploratory and experimental in nature. It, at times, involves extreme technical ability while at other times requires flexibility of thought and deep imagination
- Extensive experience with testing frameworks and tools such as
- Selenium/WebDriver (UI Automation)
- Cypress (UI Automation)
- Appium (Mobile Automation)
- Postman (REST API Testing)
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following: web-based technologies including Front End (UI), Backend (Web Servers & Databases), REST APIs, and microservices
- Experience with some form of performance or load testing tools
- Demonstrated success mentoring other engineers in the art of automation testing
- Experience with build and release pipelines
- Experience with security testing principles and tools
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline, and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.