Technical Product Manager
A Technical Product Manager must have superior communication skills to translate between the direction the executives (and product managers) want to go, what the product development team should implement, and how marketing and sales teams should sell it. As the chief advocate for a specific feature set and its benefits, you will be the Product Owner, helping prioritize product features and customer requirements, defining release plans, and managing the project schedule to ensure that the team delivers on time and on target.
Working alongside our agile development teams, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, pivot and make tradeoffs, and balance customer needs versus technical constraints. You are able to take long-term product goals, break them down into manageable pieces, and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
Laserfiche is the leading global provider of intelligent content management and business process automation. The Laserfiche® platform enables organizations in more than 80 countries to transform into digital businesses. Customers in every industry—including government, education, financial services and manufacturing—use Laserfiche® to boost productivity, scale their business and deliver digital-first customer experiences.
Product Design, Implementation and Project Management
- Manage product backlogs including: creating epic/feature/story definitions, determining priority for work items, mapping out sprints and releases, and triaging features and bugs
- Participate in design reviews, release planning, and sprint planning to provide clarifications necessary to assist the team with estimates, sequencing and objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of the entire product and its feature sets by reviewing and accepting/rejecting new features and user stories
- Work with UX to flesh out detail designs and with engineering leads to set prioritization
- Create design documents and feature specifications scoping out and defining new modules or features
Product Representation and Direction
- Act as product representative in demos, presentations, and classes
- Collaborate with the product, sales and marketing groups on positioning, licensing and packaging of new product features
- Collaborate with teams both in and out of development (senior management, product, engineers, marketing, sales, customers, solution providers) to clarify requirements and benefits for new products and features
- Communicate with customers to identify product gaps and pain points in order to understand and represent their needs
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical fields
- 3+ years’ experience with an agile software development team as a program, project or product manager
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience and working with stakeholders across many functions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and product feature specifications
Click here to learn more about Laserfiche
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.