Supervisor, Maintenance (M-F)(3PM-11PM) (& Off Shift Support)
The Maintenance Supervisor will support the Seymour Manufacturing Site Facility and Process equipment and related systems/facilities to support 24/7 operation. This would include providing oversight and guidance/direction with troubleshooting, preventive maintenance and repairs of existing facility and process related equipment as well as supporting the installation of new equipment and technologies.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the management of maintenance associates within the facilities and process support area to support production demands. The responsibilities include:
- Associate’s safety
- Direct personnel management
- Planned/corrective/emergency work order program
- Preventive maintenance program
- Parts/inventory control management
- Change Management Program
- CAPAs, Non-Conformance, Remediation
- Planning/Project management
- Continuous improvement
This position will have direct supervisory responsibility for up to 14 technicians, indirect P&L or budget responsibility, and is responsible for contributing on an individual and group level to department and site goals and budgets.
- Support the safety program by ensuring employee safety and participation to achieve established departmental goals.
- Provide guidance to other team members to meet individual, department, and site goals.
- Manage personnel including task assignment, training, good housekeeping practices, performance management, policy adherence and development.
- Facilitate cross functional training within and between teams within area of responsibility to maintain and improve the growth of employee knowledge and the flexibility of the team to provide necessary support.
- Direct resources to meet the monthly Maintenance PM schedule on a day-to-day basis
- Provides technical direction with Preventive Maintenance scheduling, training and machine repair for all onsite equipment and facilities.
- Support project related activities in a group setting as well as completing activities in a solo capacity.
- Research, propose and implement improvements using sound engineering principles to improve safety, quality, cost, increase efficiency, to meet performance goals.
- Communicate with Site Management Team and internal customers on resolution of equipment and system issues that could impact production.
- Develop, recommend and support the implementation of new controls and automation strategies including new technologies and software applications.
- Generation of departmental documentation- Change Controls, SOPs, Equipment Logbooks, PMs and revisions, Work Orders etc or others as needed.
- Assure regular and accurate inter-departmental communication regarding equipment status and assure that technicians escalate issues following established protocols.
- Develop/update training manuals, JSTs or methodologies for maintenance staff on new and legacy equipment.
- Participate in the design and implementation phase of continuous improvement projects toward equipment or facility optimization.
- Maintain the preventive maintenance program and manage their respective portion of the computerized maintenance system.
- Takes responsibility to improve technicians’ skills and techniques.
- Contractor engagement including oversight and management of all contracts for facility services. Assure T&M work is completed and reviewed.
- Management of critical components parts list, and spare part inventories.
- Assist in development of annual operating budgets.
- Ensure team performs within the approved budget.
- Oversight and management of assigned projects. Project management will often require working closely with vendors to gather estimates and adhere to budget forecasts.
- Lead and participate in installations or system modification for all equipment and mechanical systems, as needed. Work with engineering team as directed to assure implementation tasks for new equipment and systems are successful.
- Minimum of 7 years' working or hands-on experience in a maintenance/engineering department in an FDA or other similarly regulated environment, with at least 3 years of demonstrated supervisory experience. Other equivalent related experience will be considered and accepted on a case by case basis.
- Experience and thorough understanding of facility and process equipment and processes, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), equipment/facility validation/commissioning, investigations and regulatory compliance required.
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and INFOR experience preferred. SAP is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across the organization, multiple departments, areas and disciplines.
- Experience in a supervision or leadership role in a multi-shift plant operation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Basic knowledge of process improvement systems and toolsets (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc.) is desired.
- Ability to be flexible with work priorities and work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience working with subcontractors, vendors and/or OEMs is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of computers, PLCs, VFDs and other control systems/devices or equipment is required.
- In depth knowledge and use of electrical, hand tools and test equipment common to maintenance technicians.
- High level of mechanical, electrical, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Capability to review and correct mechanical and electrical diagrams
- Maintain a close working relationship with key customers to ensure superior customer service satisfaction.
- Must exhibit enhanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Traditional industrial work environment, with frequent walking to other areas of the facility, including production areas, loading docks, mechanical spaces, roofs, catwalks and warehouse spaces. 25%
- Must be able to sit and perform routine computer based tasks for the entire work shift. 70%
- Attend meetings, provide oversight or training- 40%
- Must be able to work in office environment for extended periods of time to complete assignments. 80%
- Business Travel- LT 10%