Shipping & Receiving Clerk III
Shipping & Receiving Clerk III
The Distribution Operator III ensures that the routine daily functions of their area of responsibility within the warehouse are completed accurately and timely. Performs all functions relating to the processing of drug products; consistent with established Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), customer requirements and in conduction with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of their job duties, while ensuring product compliance to established standards.
- Must be able to operate pallet jack, motorized pallet jack and wire guided forklift
- Must be able to perform various functions of a highly repetitive nature while maintaining concentration of task.
- Get involved with future warehouse implementations (HDMA labels, Cal. pedigree, Use of scanner guns to pick orders, etc.)
- Consolidate freight, maximizing bin space within aisles as needed.
- Coordinate issuance and return of transfer orders in support of packaging, PD, and Weigh Master transfers.
- Daily maintenance on inventory put aways from receiving dock to open bins.
- Receive inbound shipments; Use SAP MIGO transaction (Goods receipt), transfer freight (put away) into “Quarantine” bins on loading dock. Verify inventory count v. bin.
- Personnel must be able to demonstrate competency in following areas without assistance. The tasks listed for each function are not all inclusive; however, they do highlight the primary tasks of each function.
- Receiving: Accurately receive all PO’s on the operating system within the allowed time frame, Identify the goods, Dispatch the goods to the proper storage locations or expense centers.
- Stores: Accurately hold the goods in the proper storage conditions, Pick the goods and issue them on the operating system or manual logs, Deliver the goods to the requesting department within the allowed time frame.
- Order- Prep: Accurately pick and verify the goods for internal/external orders/shipment, Issue the goods to the order.
- Shipping: Accurately process domestic and international shipments using the 3rd parties delivery systems – UPS, Fed-Ex, LTL, Truckloads etc., Accurately maintain inventory records to reflect all shipments. Ship dangerous goods.
- Vault: Receive and locate all controlled substances from Receiving, Production, R&D, and Quality into the vault, Maintain all inventory
- Adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements.
- Comply with all company policies, safety regulations, OSHA, DEA and FDA regulations.
- This position has major impact in insuring compliance with FDA, DEA, OSHA and DOT, RCRA, IATA regulations, as well as major impact on customer service levels and inventory accuracy.
- Must be able accurately maintain all inventory records of issues of materials.
- Maintains a cGMP readiness of warehouse area through effective housekeeping and organization
- Attend training meetings for additional knowledge. (SAP, SOP, management style, etc)
- Other assignments may be added or changed at the discretion of management.
- Reviews the daily workload and collaborates with management.
- Assists management in achieving company objectives
- Work overtime and shift work as business needs require
- Must be able to adapt to changing tasks and schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned in a timely fashion
- High school diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience would be expected to master all operating areas necessary to successfully work as Shipping & Receiving Clerk II.
- A Strong background in Pharmaceutical operations preferred. Must be capable of working various hours/shifts and weekends when necessary.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, and decimals
- Experience/exposure to ERP systems (SAP), MS Word, MS Excel, outlook, and email.
- Decision Making
- Makes recommendations – Follows instructions
- Makes decisions with significant level of guidance
- Problem Solving
- Identification of a problem and proper channels to communicate it
- Consciously or subconsciously performs cause and effect analysis and communicates most likely cause(s)
- Organizational Relations
- Ability to interact (observed behaviors against company values) with immediate peers and direct supervision within a department
- Ability to interact with subordinates, peers, and direct supervisor within a department
- Process Knowledge
- General understanding of processes within the department
- Experienced knowledge of process(es) within the department as displayed through recommended changes/enhancements
- Maintains proper gowning and hygiene to ensure integrity of the product as per company policies
- The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
- The employee will be required to perform daily tasks requiring repetitive motion and should take every effort to be informed and take necessary precautions to avoid injury.