Product Development Manager, Accessories
As a Product Development Manager, you will maintain Brand Integrity and implement business strategies to maximize margin, quality and brand goals. You will manage the product development process, from idea evaluation through introduction to market, ensuring design intention and merchant pricing/assortment strategies are achieved. You will partner cross functionally to create sample development. You will work closely with and demonstrate effective, productive, positive working relationships with Design, Merchandising, Technical Design and Vendors throughout the Product Lifecycle process.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Drives product development and serves as the main interface with Design teams
- Proactively identifies product engineering opportunities and effectively partners to ensure execution
- Creates, modifies and implements vendor strategies to support ongoing development needs
- Develops processes and systems related to product development
- Develops relative costing strategies and its related application
- Performs advanced needs assessment and designs/delivers precise prototypes, in partnership with vendor base, with the appropriate taste and aesthetic levels
- Builds strong cross-functional partnerships with Design, Pre-Production, Production, Mills/vendors and overseas teams and intuitively knows when to effectively leverage
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising or equivalent business experience.
- 7-10 years of experience in product development or its equivalent.
- Very strong knowledge of the product development process
- Applied understanding of the international vendor community
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Strong levels of Detail Orientation
- Strong levels of problem-solving skills/ability
- Strong levels of Negotiation skills
- Strong levels of Decision Making skills/ability
- High levels of Social Perceptiveness
Lands' End, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.