Digital Marketing Director
The Digital Marketing Director will oversee the daily execution of marketing strategies to drive new customer acquisition and retention for the Lands’ End brand. The position reports into the SVP of Multi-Channel Marketing. Working with both agency and internal partners, the Director will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of digital marketing channels, including Paid Search, Natural Search (SEO), Affiliate, Display Advertising and Marketplaces/Comparison Shopping Engines and some aspects of Social Media. In addition, the Director will work closely with the ecommerce team as well as cross-functionally with brand marketing, creative, IT, merchandising, finance and customer insights.
- Grow Digital Acquisition & Revenue: Direct responsibility for driving traffic, conversion and ROI for all digital acquisition channels, including paid search, natural search/SEO, affiliate, display advertising (remarketing, programmatic, addressable media, direct-buys), comparison shopping engines and marketplaces, and some social media.
- Manage Agency Performance: Supervise external agency relationship for key channels including paid search, natural search/SEO, affiliates, display advertising (remarketing, programmatic, addressable media, direct-buys), comparison shopping engines and marketplaces,; provide strategic direction, help prioritize tactics to improve performance, and ensure accountability for quality execution.
- Oversee Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting: Manage annual budgeting process, as well as monthly/weekly/daily forecasting and reporting at channel level for traffic, revenue, spend, ROI and other performance KPIs.
- Drive Continuous Optimization: Seek optimization and growth through continuous cadence of A/B and multivariate testing, customer segmentation, creative partnership, landing page optimization and more.
- Drive Digital Innovation & Shift to Mobile: Serve as internal digital marketing thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices, competitor activity, and learning opportunities that help drive the business.
- Support Omnichannel & CRM Strategies: Support digital strategies to drive brand growth from an omnichannel strategy including geo-targeting to boost store traffic, cross-channel purchasing, and other omnichannel customer segmentation opportunities.
- Develop Acquisition Campaigns & Partnerships: In partnership with brand marketing, ecommerce and CRM teams, identify and lead large-scale, multi-channel, 360 acquisition campaigns.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years management experience leading a team of digital specialists
- 8+ years of digital marketing experience in ecommerce with a proven track record in driving customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Strongly KPI oriented: acquisition, conversion, ROI
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing and analytics, especially paid search, natural search, display, and retargeting
- Strong proficiency in digital trends and best practices
- Strong business acumen with ability to think strategically with an eye toward innovation
- Robust quantitative skills including forecasting ability and ROI analyses – demonstrated ability to apply logical thought process to problem solving and deliver recommendations
- Strong proficiency in Omniture, Google Analytics and other web metric systems
- Strong experience in managing agency relationships
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills. Ability to develop and lead Board and CEO-quality presentations by translating complex digital concepts into digestible content
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with “can-do” attitude
Lands’ End, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.