Senior Supply Quality Analyst
The Senior Quality Analyst will provide quality support to the Campus in the form of testing, audits, incoming inspection, performing (PPAP) production part approval process, (MSA) measurement system analysis, capability studies, gage R&R, (IPCAR) inner plant corrective action request investigation and corrective action, (SCAR) supplier corrective action request, (EC) engineering changes, (PFMEA) process failure modes and effect analysis, work instructions / control plans and related activities.
• Perform process and part audits to ensure product requirements are met
• Performs quality audits focused on our quality procedures for La-Z-Boy – ensuring compliance and developing corrective actions to enhance audit results
• Support campus coaches in the development of corrective action of process measures.
• Lead/facilitate corrective action teams.
• Attend EC meetings for awareness and help to facilitate any given change that has an impact upon the production team.
• Record and distribute assessment findings.
• Maintain calibration schedule and upkeep for all gages, fixturing, and equipment within the Dayton campus
• Perform measurements and analysis such as Capability Studies, Statistical Process Control, and Gage R&R including making and reporting process adjustments where necessary.
• Present information to various groups on occasion (Quality meetings, etc.)
• Analyze data from IPCARs, SCARs, CARs, iAuditor to identify root causes and areas needing focus – identifying repeat issues and solutions to eliminate
• Conduct PFEMA to drive root cause analysis
• Lead efforts to update and standardize iAuditor audit templates to assure the audits are focusing on topics to drive improvement results within our Quality Operating System (QOS)
• Coordinate IPCAR, SCAR, CAR findings with internal / external suppliers to quarantine / sort non-conforming product and to flush it from our material flow – ensuring quality products for our production team
• Other duties as assigned
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Aggregate & Manage Cost of Quality data to perform trend analysis leading to Root Cause Corrective Actions associated with reducing a COQ of approximately 4M.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related field with 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with gaging and metrology including use of height gages, calipers, micrometers. Experience with Optical Comparators and Coordinate Measuring Machines preferred.
• Lean Experience/Certifications
• Understanding of statistical concepts: Mean, Max, Min, Standard Deviation, Histograms, Run Charts and how they are used.
• Must Pass Color Vision Testing.
• Intermediate computer skills – Intermediate level proficiency with Excel data entry, table construction, formula entry, graphing, pivot tables – Ability to access drawings, specifications and all required information and documentation shop floor – Ability to enter data into Access and generate reports.
• Intermediate Statistical and Algebra proficiency
• Team player with Great Interpersonal Skills
• Strong leadership traits must be evident with good communication skills.
• Print reading skills – ability to interpret GD&T callouts and dimensional callouts on drawings.
• Data analysis skills will be needed (collecting and reporting).
• Specifications (must be able to identify or locate and know how to use them)
• In order of importance, list the minimum requirements in bullet format. Include level of education, # of years of experience, certifications or licenses required, percent of travel, etc.
• Six-Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ Certified Quality Technician
• Associate degree
• Advanced Statistics/Algebra
• Agile and Enterprise One systems experience
• Certification to CQAP Level I
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.