Tool & Die Technician - PM Shift
Service progressive dies for a metal stamping operation. Fabricate fixtures and assemblies for assembly operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Sharpen cutting tools for different lathe operations
• Turn material to specified diameter on lathe
• Cut outside and inside diameters on material with lathe
• Cut angles on materials with lathe
• Machine internal and external threads on material
• Understand and operate milling machines
• Understand chemistry, working properties and applications for different types of metal
• Understand how hardness affects material
• Apply heat treatments to material to obtain desired hardness
• Build die sections complete
• Break down and sharpen progressive dies for repair and/or rebuild
• Read and interpret blueprints
• Design, maintain and build gauges, tools, dies and other equipment to specification
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair tooling, dies and equipment
• Calibrate, set up and run machines and equipment
• Thorough understand of GD&T
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Support six progressive metal stamping lines with tonnages ranging from 110 to 400 tons. Stamping operations supports an entire division of the company. Support furniture manufacturing operation with design and fabrication of fixtures and assemblies.
• Minimum of 5 years of proven experience working as Tool and Die Maker in a manufacturing environment
• Read and interpret blueprints and shop drawings
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Trade school certificate
• Proficient in AutoCad
• Set up and operation experience with EDM machinery
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Indicate any physical demands required to perform essential functions and/or work environments that the incumbent is subject to in performing the essential functions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.