Full Stack Architect
This position is part of an innovative team created to solve business-critical problems. Works with world class engineers to deliver the next generation cloud platform and products, using cutting-edge technologies. Uses multiple technical solutions to build the application, middleware layers, and database systems. Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to the organizations most critical IT technology projects. Works closely with the business and technology partners to accomplish goals.
• Communicates complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences, including business, vendors and technical partners.
• Acts as a technical business partner, understanding sales, order management, and customer service teams. Influences technical decisions and works closely with engineers and developers to deliver business solutions.
• Ensures solutions are created in a structured approach that is aligned with business application architecture.
• Reviews business situations for technology solutions to challenges, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and developing a roadmap for the selected solution.
• Manages activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
• Maintains understanding of new technology trends (including full stack technical landscape), sharing practical and innovative solutions with the IT team and business partners.
• Communicates the architecture to stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
• Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate disposition of solutions, including upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options.
• Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
SCOPE & IMPACT: This position is responsible for architecting full stack solutions for Joybird enterprise wide and their connectivity with La-Z-Boy enterprise systems. Joybird is recognized as an eCommerce business with approximately $85 million in sales with retail, manufacturing, and distribution locations.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience, or equivalent (High School diploma with 4 – 6 years of relevant experience).
• Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project implementation
• Experience in cloud migration and cloud design patterns
• Demonstrated platform experience: Linux and Apache
• Demonstrated database experience: MySQL
• Demonstrated experience in design and creation of API’s
• Proven knowledge of AWS platform, tools and services like EC2, VPC, S3, ELB, SNS, SQS, EKS, ECS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, etc.
• Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness with key stakeholders in client organization.
• Highly competent in estimating, planning, tracking and reporting project status, while managing change requests and project scope
• Excellent facilitation skills in a team setting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively work with both technical staff and business process owners
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and independently
• Proficient in the use of Google or MS Office
• Travel: Up to 50%
• Extended knowledge in AWS platform
• Some experience with ERP
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None. May oversee the work of others as part of a project.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach & Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.