Warehouse Associate II
The Warehouse Associate II will assist in the offloading, receiving, shipping, storage and distribution of products in a warehouse environment. Daily tasks involve bar code scan applications that record movement, receipt, and status changes to inventory. Timely and efficient completion of job duties are critical in this position as well as safely operating industrial power equipment such as a forklift and cherry picker.
• Receive, transport and stock inbound products from manufacturing facilities and suppliers; including but not limited to physical lifting, movement by powered and manual lift and material handling equipment.
• Accurately place and properly stack stock for storage in designated areas including recording of the stock location into the perpetual inventory record using the proprietary system.
• Fulfilling orders by locating, transporting, offloading and scanning of outbound product from storage areas to shipping lanes for distribution to consumers, dealers and other destinations. The process of order fulfillment includes matching of serialized product to orders, uploading items to manifest or transfer of location in the proprietary system using company secure IT network, equipment and procedures. Order fulfillment tasks require physical lifting and the use of both manual and industrial powered equipment.
• Performing inventory cycle counts daily, weekly or monthly as required to meet company compliance requirements
• Other duties as required by management, to include product prep, reuse or recycling of revenue commodities, 5S responsibilities, attending company required training and committee participation.
• Use of heavy industrial power equipment and constantly performing job duties at heights requiring fall protection combined with the physical requirements and heavy lifting increase the risk of injury in the position over other RDC jobs.
• Assist in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse as well as complying with all safety regulations established by the company.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Performance of the tasks as outlined for this position are essential to the successful daily operation of the RDC. Execution of outbound tasks within required time frames is critical to meet company commitments to customers, dealer partners, 3rd party delivery providers and shareholders. Timely and accurate receipt and stocking of inbound product impacts inventory accuracy, order fulfillment and scheduling of delivery and distribution.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
• Minimum one (1) year experience in delivery, warehousing, receiving, issuing, packing, shipping and/or storage of goods
• Forklift certification required and experience using a cherry picker is a plus
• Basic computer skills for maintaining inventory logs and databases
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to move heavy items (up to 350 lbs.) for several hours consecutively when pulling and putting away the furniture
• Basic knowledge of inventory procedures.
• A thorough understanding of the proper methods and procedures used in safe receiving, storing, requisitions, shipping and delivery
• Understand internal control procedures for process of receiving product against purchase orders and packing slips and actions to reconcile
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion, hear, listen, talk, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, balance, reach overhead, crawl, pill, push and lift – up 350 to pounds, sometimes required to climb stairs, climb ladders. Not required to shovel.
Lead the Team Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.