Leadperson - Upholstery
The Leadperson provides first-hand leadership of furniture manufacturing, from the trim stage to final logistics. This position oversees complete logistic processes, including distribution to correct logistic handlers and management of all employees in the process. One must strive to achieve all production goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- To inspect the manufacturing process and ensure quality of production.
- To oversee the distribution of finished products to various material handlers.
- Manage materials in inventory that are necessary for production of furniture in the trim, wrap, and shipping departments. Order materials needed to keep production flowing.
- To control the staging, inspecting, and preparing (packaging) of finished goods for shipping.
- Supervise employees to ensure a maximized flow of production. Troubleshoot any issues between employees that may hamper production. Take a leading role in the hiring process.
- To make adjustments to the manufacturing process when unforeseen obstacles arise that may slow or stop production.
- To communicate daily with all departments involved in the manufacturing process to ensure efficient production.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
· Metric responsibilities include daily productions goals, along with monthly shipping goals.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Over 10 years of total work related experience required to effectively perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- Over five years of experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
· Forklift license.
- Supervises three departments: trim, wrapping, and shipping. These three departments are comprised of 15 employees that report directly to this position.
- Responsible for directing other employees’ daily work activities and to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action, and performance reviews.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Specific physical and/or environmental demands are an essential part of the job.
- Operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Subject to extreme cold: Temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- Subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind and humidity.
- Subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids
- May be required to lift over 50 lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.