Associate Retail Business Analyst
• Assist in the design, configuring, testing, deployment and support of strategic projects utilizing the defined software development life cycle (SDLC). Identify and recommend areas of process improvements by analyzing industry and company best practices. Manages issues and reports status to assigned Project Manager. Writes detailed universally understood procedures for documentation and training.
• Elicit and documents business requirements using interviews, workshops, and/or existing systems documentation or procedures to effectively capture business requirements for system upgrades/enhancements. Uses industry standard analysis techniques to document business requirements such as data flow modeling, use case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis, and object modeling.
• Participate in the deployment of Retail Software to La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries to include Readiness Assessment, table set and configuration, data conversion, training, and deployment.
• Assist with developing functional designs (FDD’s) to include wire frames, logical data model, system interfaces, and security requirements, and reviews with and obtains stakeholder approvals.
• Assist with developing and manages the execution of user acceptance test (UAT) plans and test scenarios. Documents, monitors, and reports test results and status to IT leadership and business.
• Perform first and second level production support to Retail systems, including analysis and resolution of assigned incidents.
• Act as liaison between departmental end-users and I.T. Enhance current system functionality by; prioritizing requests, assessing and writing options, recommendations and technical specifications.
• Manage requirements and functional design through entire lifecycle - tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications;
• Liaison between departmental end-users and I.T. in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of information systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This role primarily supports the RMS system, but is used cross functionally across many La-Z-Boy information systems. The RMS system supports (6) Retail Distributions Centers across the U.S, (140+) Retail stores, and (60+) independent dealer stores all comprising hundreds of users transacting daily on the system that this role supports. Additionally, the role is responsible for maintaining an understanding of multiple business disciplines within the organization to effectively perform the job duties, to include but not limited to, Retail, Point of Sale, Operations (warehousing), Merchandising/Purchasing, and Accounting. #LI-Hybrid
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
• Ability to effectively work with both technical staff and business process owners.
• Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and independently
• Ability to effectively work within cross vertical teams
• Must demonstrate critical thinking skills
• Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, business process modeling.
• Travel: Up to 20%
• Strong documentation skills
• Experience using reporting tools
• Project management experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. Subject to inside environmental conditions. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.