Corporate Payroll Manager - Relocation Package Available
This position is located at La-Z-Boy's World Headquarters in Monroe, MI.
The Corporate Payroll Manager is responsible for the oversight of Corporate and divisional payroll as well as the management of software tools used for payroll processes. This position assures timely and accurate payments of employee pay and associated payroll taxes in compliance with corporate payroll policies, procedures and governmental payroll rules and regulations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Manages the payroll staff through the processing of payroll for the corporate office, all company owned retail stores, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and LZB Portfolio Brands.
• Leads efforts to implement payroll process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy of the department's efforts.
• Manages the narrative and key controls for SOX controls and external audit teams.
• Understands and monitors all payrolls processing, including the GL closing process, special payments and deductions, such as, but not limited to bonus, commission, stock, relocation, vacation, 401k, garnishments.
• Assists payroll staff with exceptions, corrections, adjustments, and reconciliation of payroll data when necessary as well as assist with processing of payroll when necessary.
• Oversees payroll reporting for department managers as well as audits.
• Prepares and communicates holiday accrual, and processing schedules.
• Reviews quarterly and annual reports prepared by the Payroll Tax Specialist, such as 941's and 940's
• Participates in the coordination, preparation, and distribution of all W2s.
• Oversees and leads the implementation, testing, and ongoing maintenance of payroll system enhancements and conversions for La-Z-Boy’s payroll related systems
• Oversees, manages and assists, when required, the processing, reconciliation, and filing of all government tax reports for all payrolls processed based on federal and state requirements.
• Assures that department procedures are documented and communicated with those of other affected departments such as HR and accounting.
• Assures payroll systems and processes are updated to reflect relevant tax withholding requirements for federal and state legislative requirements, as well as for benefits and taxes.
• Prepares and monitors Payroll department budget.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
The Corporate Payroll Manager is accountable for the processing of payroll for over 160 retail stores (with over 1,000 employees), the corporate headquarters (with over 600 employees), four factories and six distribution centers (with over 5,000 employees) and all LZB Portfolio Brands operations (with over 200 employees). Payrolls are processed for 31+ states and Canada Retail. Responsible for the correct payroll tax payments and filings for four (4) EINs within the company’s structure, covering 31+ states, 100+ locals for tax payments in excess of $75M per fiscal year.
• Bachelor’s Degree, with 6-8 years of relevant work experience or equivalent including 3-5 years of supervisory experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
• Kronos Software or other Payroll system experience
• Workday System experience
• Knowledge of the overall functions of the Payroll Department.
• Strong organizational and computer skills
• Excellent customer service attitude
• (CPP)Certified Payroll Professional.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May have up to 11 direct reports.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment with no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.