Internal Auditor I
The Internal Auditor I is responsible for monitoring internal control documentation of company business units. This position will ensure the narratives, matrices and procedures are updated in a timely manner by the process owners in order to facilitate the completion of internal control testing, completion of internal audit procedures and the collection of audit evidence for the external audit provider. This position also assists with special projects on an assigned basis.
• Reviews process narratives, detailed procedure documents and the internal control matrix to ensure all business areas are completing annual reviews and the documentation covers all key controls.
• Performs annual testing of key internal controls for all business units. This position performs control testing and fully documents the procedures performed and any findings as a result of testing. Reviews all findings with control owners and documents an action plan to remediate the findings.
• Assists with the execution of operational audits to determine adherence to guidelines and regulations and to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
• Performs year-end audit tasks under the guidance of our external auditors in order to reduce overall audit fees for the company.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position is responsible for performing operational audits and internal control testing throughout the organization, this includes manufacturing plants, regional distribution centers, and retail stores throughout North America, in order to create a more effective, efficient and controlled environment. This position directly supports Management’s assessment of internal control as well as the annual audit performed by our external audit firm in connection with Securities and Exchange Commission requirements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 0-2 years of related experience or equivalent.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication skills
• Up to 10% Travel.
• Master’s in Accounting, Finance
• CPA, CIA or CICA certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.