Plant HR Manager
The HR Manager serves as a business partner on the leadership team of the Plant Operations Team and provides HR Leadership to all employees at a plant facility
• You'll be supporting the business strategy with key priorities of talent management and building organizational capability; creating a high performance, high engagement culture; and pursuit of continuous improvement and HR functional excellence.
• Leads and supports the organization's HR programs and policies
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Drive core HR process excellence across the business: leadership and employee development, performance management, reward and recognition, employee engagement, and communications.
• Lead change to improve organizational effectiveness. Deliver change management methodology to internal customers.
• Responsible for talent management for their assigned employee group which includes leadership development, and annual performance evaluations.
• Leads and supports the organization's HR programs and policies as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance, and staffing levels.
• Partner with managers, supervisor and employee regarding employee relations and conflict resolution.
• Responsible for employee record retention and documentation (employment, insurance, workers compensation, FMLA and STD).
• Maintains compliance with all State and Federal laws, rules and regulations concerning employment, workers compensation and safety regulations. Represents the company at hearings and investigations. Responsible for policy review, updates, changes and communication.
• Build strong partnership with the plant employees and management team.
• Work with the Plant Leadership and the Division HR function to provide the facility with Human Resource services.
• Understand the business needs of the facility and translate those needs into HR services to ensure the plant benefits from strategic Human Resource services and standardized processes.
• Ensure both the needs of the business and the needs of the people are met while driving Company’s standardized processes into the plant.
• Ensure development and implementation facility strategies (i.e. training, safety, compliance, labor)
• Deploy strategies and programs as designed by the Company (e.g. compensation planning, talent management processes)
• Lead positive employee relations programs in the plant
• Facilitate issue resolution between employees and managers.
• Act as a consultant to Business Leaders for Human Resource issues (i.e., career development, staffing, discipline, performance and talent management)
• Analyze HR metrics and create and implement action plans based on those metrics in line with Function and/or business objectives.
• Ensure development and implementation of training strategy
• Work collaboratively with Lean and Quality initiatives to ensure success of continuous improvement
• Ensure that Affirmative Action plans are in place and implemented.
• Coordinate facility(s)’s communication efforts (i.e., newsletters, plant meetings, etc.)
• Perform internal investigations, prepare necessary documentation, and testify at hearings, as required
• Work with Health & Safety professionals to ensure implementation of health & safety programs
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Provide leadership and functional support with for all employees and the management team. A functional part of the core team who work to meet the annual operating plan and the strategic plans of the campus. Responsible population of 350-1500. Direct reports of 1-5. Regular support on division/corporate projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field with 8-10 of years of experience including 3-5 years of leadership/supervisory experience or equivalent
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Travel Required: 5%
• Familiarity with Workday or other HCM platforms
• PHR/SPHR Certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: 1-5 Direct Reports
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Indicate any physical demands required to perform essential functions and/or work environments that the incumbent is subject to in performing the essential functions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.