Community Relations Internship
Are you ready to Build Something Amazing?
At La-Z-Boy, we're committed to creating lasting relationships - within the organization and outside of it. We are looking for self-motivated and energetic interns with a commitment to excellence. We value this at La-Z-Boy because they are what drives us forward.
La-Z-Boy not only encourages collaboration with your fellow interns, but we focus our selection on students who not only stand out in the classroom, but who take pride in their work with their community. La-Z-Boy puts an emphasis on giving back. We are actively involved in encouraging others to participate in our sustainability efforts and volunteerism. Ultimately, La-Z-Boy looks for interns and employees alike who are excited about making houses into homes and taking the opportunity to positively affect the lives of our customers.
The Community Relations Internship:
The Community Relations Internship role will support the Director of Community Relations and the La-Z-Boy Foundation, out of the HR Department at La-Z-Boy’s World HQ in Monroe, MI. Responsibilities will include working on current real-world projects and programs supporting the community relations function in the areas of community relations/CSR strategy, grant management, employee volunteerism and giving campaigns including the rollout of the annual La-Z-Boy Summer of Caring volunteerism program.
Our goal is to provide the intern with a practical, hands-on experience in one or more Marketing/Communications disciplines and build solid competencies within the Community Relations /PR field!
- Currently enrolled in a Four-Year Bachelor’s Degree program with a concentration in Corporate Communications, PR, Marketing, HR or Organizational Development.
- Results oriented and ability to work independently on projects with deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical for success in this position.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) a must.
- Minimal travel within the U.S. may be required.
- Unique opportunity to regularly interact with the senior leadership team and all levels of the corporate organization.
- Intern will present back to leaders and other interns at the end of the season on accomplishments and give feedback on the internship experience!
About La-Z-Boy Inc.
La-Z-Boy Incorporated is one of the world's leading residential furniture producers, marketing furniture for every room of the home. Our state-of-the-art world headquarters, located in Monroe, MI, is just a short drive from the Ann Arbor, Metro Detroit and Toledo areas. La-Z-Boy’s network of 300+ retail stores span across the U.S. and Canada, and our vast distribution network allows our product to reach consumers and retailers across the globe.
Further, we understand that being a great employer also means being a good corporate citizen. As such, La-Z-Boy and the La-Z-Boy Foundation contributed almost $3 million in financial and product donations to non-profit organizations this past year. For the past nine years, our signature partnership has been with the Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®).
Visit La-Z-Boy.com and see why, every day, over 8,800 passionate, valued team members around the world are Building Something Amazing!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.