Quality Engineer III
Lead the implementation of robust quality system processes for design control and risk management across all manufacturing facilities globally; driving resolution of quality issues by monitoring quality metrics, and implementing effective corrective and/ or preventive actions. This position will provide statistical analysis, quality engineering governance and proper documentation practices according to the Quality Management System (QMS). Partner with product design teams, manufacturing, procurement, and customer service stakeholders to share ownership for the quality systems and ensure compliance and other relevant standards
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Coordinate the development, implementation and consistency of process control tools/techniques across multiple manufacturing sites.
• Lead the Product & Process Development activities.
• Lead problem solving efforts in areas such as Cost of Quality (COF), Product Failure, and Warranty reduction.
• Lead assist peers and managers in basic quality tools and their application
• Lead the product, process, and quality system audits.
• Projects as directed by supervisor
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Ensures that quality processes and procedures are documented and are being adhered to from design and development to manufacturing and delivery with the goal of shipping defect free products to customers. Responsible for monitoring internal and external concerns and quickly reacting to resolve them to minimize the impact to the customers and La-Z-Boy's expenditures and brand reputation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a technical discipline with 4-6 years of relevant work experience or equivalent
• Mid - Level Microsoft Office skills (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook).
• Strong organization, presentation and communication skills
• Experience applying PFMEA's, Control Plans, Work Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams, Capability Studies, Problem Solving/Decision Making methodologies, and Lean Manufacturing and Value Stream Mapping
• Experience with AQP/APQP
• Experience with a formal Quality Operating systems
• ASQ CQE/CQA certification or equivalent
• Up to 30% travel
• Six Sigma Green certification
• ASQ CQE/CQA certification or equivalent
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion (such as typing), hear, listen, talk, stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb stairs, crawl reach overhead push/pull and lift up to 30 pounds. Seldom required to Climb ladders, kneel, squat, crouch, balance or lift up over 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.