Director of Strategy
Provides insight, recommendations, and analysis that support management decision making across the broader company as well as specific business units or departments. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading major strategic initiatives including guiding cross-functional teams and setting strategy and direction.
• Lead major strategic initiatives, including preparation of strategy and vision that articulate the end state and business case for the initiative. Drives alignment and consensus to strategies across departments and executive management ranks.
• Develop project plans and facilitates execution of initiatives.
• Conduct financial / strategic analysis leading to improved decision making, including ad-hoc analysis requests, developing new approaches to analysis, and creation of new reports utilizing new mechanisms.
• Responsible for communicating plans and progress to the executive team or key leadership stakeholders.
• Provides coaching on analytical techniques and communication strategies to develop managers and analysts on the Strategy and Analytics team. Guides specific analyses, providing coaching on analytical techniques and communication strategies.
• Partner with managers and analysts to conduct specific analyses in order to provide insight to key business decisions for the company.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This employee will be responsible for leading projects with multi-million-dollar budgets and/or thousands of people-hours. Additionally, the recommendations and projects will have the ability to influence market capitalization.
• Bachelor’s degree Strategy, Business, Economics, Finance or related field in with 10+ years of experience or equivalent.
• Strong proficiency and experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated capability in handling highly complex analytical problems with ability to drive to insights and answers under deadlines.
• Ability to recognize issues, problems, and process improvements, initiate and make recommendations.
• Self-motivated to solve problems and ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
• Project management skills to drive change across organization and accomplish stated goals.
• 5+ years supervisory/leadership experience
• Up to 20% travel.
• MBA or other Master’s degree
• Consulting experience or leading major projects within a corporation.
• Broad multi-functional experience including retail, marketing, manufacturing, and operations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. Nearly continuously hear, listen and talk. Often sit, use repetitive hand motion and walk. Seldom stand.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.