Inventory Control Specialist
Come join our team and help us Build Something Amazing. La-Z-Boy's Midwest Distribution Center where we offer numerous benefits, work flexibility, and career growth opportunities. Check us out and apply today!
- Competitive Benefit Package including 401K with company match
- Clean and safe working environment
- Career growth potential
- Employee Discount on Product
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Appreciation events
- Vacation within first year
- Strong Community Partnerships
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory. The position is responsible for maintaining a high level of inventory accuracy and integrity within the facility and in Retail Management System (RMS). To perform regular counts to identify possible discrepancies in inventory quantities and reconcile discovered variances according to the approved policies and procedures. This position will control and isolate non-conforming product as defined by the company's quality standards. The Cycle Counter will also be responsible for training staff in proper inventory control techniques and practices.
- Monitoring and controlling inventory integrity.
- Responsible for completing physical inventories/cycle counts/random audits and reconciliations. Conducts aisle location audits. Researching inventory discrepancies and making necessary corrections in a timely fashion.
- Audit of compliance to operational procedures and instructions. Reports discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to supervision - publish weekly and quarterly inventory metrics
- Communicates and develops process enhancements as needed (performs root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and recommends process improvements to eliminate them). Coordinates and Integrates efforts across operational departments to enhance inventory accuracy
- Resolves and responds to e-mails. Confirms status codes to ensure product flows thru RDC (location exceptions).
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Ensure inventory accuracy so we can meet Brand promise and Accounting Compliance standards. Meet AOP expectations. Decrease issues thru root cause analysis and train staff to avoid recurrences. Increase turns (eliminate tied up inventory). Provide a reliable/timely source for feedback/resolution to all partners.
- High School Diploma or GED 0-2 years of relevant work experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Power equipment experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NonePHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Often required to sit, repetitive hand motion (such as typing), hear, listen, talk, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, balance, push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds. Nearly continuously standing. Seldom required to climb stairs, climb ladders, crawl, reach overhead or shovel.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.