Senior Program Launch Manager
This Sr. Program Manager is responsible for driving the success of the Innovation Center Team and key strategic initiatives. The person in this role will lead multi-location, cross functional teams to deliver new product introductions to market using a structured development process (La-Z-Boy Product Development System). The simultaneous programs may involve innovation, new product development, re-engineering, cost savings, Quality improvements and strategic growth initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Create best practices to be used in the management of R&D projects.
• Works closely with the Project Sponsor, Steering Team and Business Lead to define product/project requirements, scope and success metrics.
• Leads cross-functional teams to establish project development strategy, schedule, budget and resource needs.
• Manages projects to deliver all business and technical requirements on-time, on budget, and achieves the expected business value and return on investment.
• Continuously tracks program/project activities, issues, and risks; maintains the project workbook.
• Works directly with the team to drive issues to closure, and/or escalates issues and mitigation recommendations to Project Sponsor and/or Upper Management.
• Resolves people and team dynamic issues for the effective performance of the program team in completing their assignments.
• Manages intra-program dependencies and their impact upon other programs and projects.
• Mentors and coaches project team members on project management fundamentals and the La-Z-Boy Product Development System (LPDS)
• Schedules and leads timely Gate review meetings and formal project reviews with Senior Management
• Works with PMO Leader and other Program Managers to continuously improve the Product Development Process (LPDS)
• Assist or lead in the creation of money allocations (R&As) to acquire project-related funding.
• Actively participate in the ideation and tracking of Innovation projects
• Actively participate in the ideation, implementation, and tracking of cost and/or warranty reduction ideas for R&D.
• Provide mentorship assistance, in conjunction with the PMO, to other Project Managers and Operations teams, in the use of LPDS primarily with LPDS, meet their stated project objectives.
• Conduct LPDS training workshops, as requested, in conjunction with the PMO for both R&D employees and others within the Organization.
• Assist in the development of new training methods and procedures. Evaluate the training effectiveness of the workshops and provide updates for improvement. Continuously strive to improve and implement Project Management and professional skills throughout the Operations area.
• Other duties as assigned.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Program Launch Managers lead Residential Division cross-functional teams in delivering program/project objectives that meet business needs and support the Brand strategy. Program managers generally support initiatives that drive revenue ranging from $5 million to $30 million with varying capital investments. Communicating effectively across all levels of the organization along with delivering initiatives on-time, with-in budget, and meeting quality targets are key success factors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with 8-10 years of experience including 3-5 years of supervisor/leadership experience or equivalent
• Demonstrated high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communication.
• Strong presentation skills, effective planning, organizational, and mentoring skills
• Highly competent in estimating, planning, tracking and reporting project status, managing change requests and project scope.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and conflicting priorities under project deadlines.
• Comfortable utilizing both internal and external resources to complete project assignments.
• Internal business knowledge preferred with an emphasis on project integration experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook)
• Travel Required: 15%
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
• Certified Project Management Workshop Leader desired.
• Certified Problem Solving & Decision Making Workshop leader desired.
• Experience with APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning) or similar product development methodology is highly desired.
• Experience launching products in a plant environment (Manufacturing), with focus on Quality, is desired.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May have up to 3 direct reports
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Indicate any physical demands required to perform essential functions and/or work environments that the incumbent is subject to in performing the essential functions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.