Supply Department Coach (PM Shift)
Responsible to direct all specific operations in Frame/Presewn/Mechanism Assembly departments while meeting production demands on a daily basis. Each coach will have areas of direct responsibility and must be familiar with all other operations in the Frame/Presewn/Mech Assembly Area.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the operators meet the production demands following procedures to ensure operator safety and quality parts. The position will require daily interaction with all levels of employees inside LZB and internal customers in the Cells.
• Understand and enforce all safety policies that apply to the Frame/Rod/Mech Assembly Area. Be able to recognize unsafe practices and correct or make recommendations to correct.
• Understand and ensure that all quality checks are being performed at the correct frequency.
• Perform daily verification and reporting duties to document employee attendance and pay through the Kronos Time/Attendance system.
• Maintain and flawlessly implement E-1 process in Frame/Rod/Mech Assembly area.
• Monitor and verify daily time card or other employee records to ensure accuracy of pay, incentive rates and labor codes.
• Maintain excellent attendance and provide role model for employees.
• Record and verify daily production quantities reported by employees.
• Meet with employees as needed to keep them informed with departmental and or company policies, events, production goals etc.
• Enforce good housekeeping practices throughout the departments. Must maintain 5-S and be 5-S compliant to the standard set by Production Manager
• Train and document new employees progress until they are proficient in all their assigned work.
• Work with department manager on all aspects of employee coaching to ensure consistency.
• Understand all scheduling systems and programs used in the Frame/Rod/Mech Assembly areas and adjust workflow in these areas to meet production goals and keep accurate inventories.
• Respond to other departments or Customers’ needs for parts so that we do not affect the product flow of our customers. Must have a Customer service attitude to Cells and Customers in the Production areas supplied by the Frame/Rod/Mech Assembly Area.
• Part print reading and interpretation are required to ensure parts meet standards. This includes but is not limited to dimensions, tolerances, key features, MFG Standards and symbols.
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Proficient in Windows Operating System and Microsoft Outlook
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Proficient in Enterprise One (E-1) or other materials management system
• Proficient in Microsoft Word is an advantage
• Ability to work with people at various organizational levels
• Display professional attitude when dealing with all contacts
• Ability to read and interpret part and assembly prints
• Good communication skills – verbal and written.
• Ability to work with a team attitude to provide Exceptional Service to our customers.
• Excellent attendance.
• Self motivated.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for a team of 20 to 40 employees
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and representative of that in a work shop environment.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is regularly required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.