Associate Retail Upholstery & Casegoods Buyer
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Assist in the purchasing and tracking of Upholstery and Casegoods for all company owned stores for product rollouts (including Markets), replenishments, and store projects (Remodels and Grand Openings). Manage transfers of merchandise out to stores with the assistance of Retail Order Entry Teams and Operations. Ensure product rollouts are received in stores in a timely manner in support of all marketing initiatives.
- Assist in the management of the Upholstery & Casegoods programs utilizing La-Z-Boy approved vendors with the goal of enhancing all furniture and building margin, sales, and average ticket. Assist in the selection of products for retail based on overall vision, price points, styling, trends, and target consumer.
- Partner with Senior Upholstery & Casegoods Buyer to analyze store merchandising line ups in preparation for Store Planning Sessions and sales reviews. Develop and provide reporting to the Senior Upholstery & Casegoods Buyer, the Director of Retail & Visual Merchandising, and the Merchandising Team as needed. Prepare and distribute automated monthly sales and inventory tracking reports.
- Maintains merchandising databases, spreadsheets, SOP documents, and directives associated with Buying programs across all Retail channels.
- Assist the Buying Team, including the Senior Upholstery & Casegoods Buyer and Director of Retail & Visual Merchandising, with general duties as assigned.
- Participate in merchandising meetings, calls & discussions.
- Work in partnership with Senior Accessories Buyer, Commercial Upholstery & TLA Managers, Commercial Upholstery & TLA Specialist on necessary documents, orders and other required sales/training tools.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Supports the Director of Retail & Visual Merchandising
Retail Division Dollar Volume $700+ Million Sales Annually, Manages $35+ Million Inventory
150+ Retail Locations, New Store Openings and Remodels for Retail and Independents
Approximately 2,000 VSN's
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Merchandising or related field with 0-2 years of buying experience or equivalent
- 1-3 years of prior purchasing, merchandising, or home furnishings sales or design experience
- Strong Communication and Collaborative skills
- Textile and furniture industry knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Travel Required: 10%
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: None
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Indicate any physical demands required to perform essential functions and/or work environments that the incumbent is subject to in performing the essential functions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.