Drools - BRMS Developer (Remote Available)
Remote position for the right candidate
This position is responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing technical, high performing, reliable, enterprise class Business Rules Management System (BRMS) solutions for La-Z-Boy Corporate and Divisions.
• Advanced design and development of Business Rules Management solutions.
• Develop and implement performance standards and accountabilities, write detailed program specifications including testing, debugging, coding, designing, configuring and analysis.
• Facilitate strategic planning for the use of BRMS solutions, including planning future growth, maintaining the architecture and updating patches, designing enhancements based on end-user requirements, and leading cross functional team(s) to ensure adequate support.
• Provide advanced technical support for business applications implemented and maintained by the information technology department.
• Lead technical project modules, giving guidance and work direction to other technical employees.
• Lead the preparation of SDLC documentation as needed in compliance with established architectural and documentation standards, and as required by Sarbanes-Oxley, including participating in creating project plans and project schedules per established department standards.
• Ensure development standards are followed and application and data security standards are implemented.
• Mentor and provide guidance to other developers.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This role supports multiple internal and external systems and technology bases across multiple disciplines, and divisions.
Responsible for implementing cost savings projects across the enterprise.
Develops standards and roadmap for adoption of new technologies for BRMS solutions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 2-4 years related experience
• Four years of experience developing and supporting a BRMS solution for large enterprises with complex enterprise architecture using full stack technologies
• 1-3 years of Leadership/Supervisory experience
• Must have demonstrated experience in the following technologies; EJB 3, Drools 6.4.0.Final, JPA, MAVEN 3, Hazelcast 3.8, JUNIT, Ready API Orchestration & Groovy Script, Oracle Web Logic Server, Agile development and methodology, Web Services.
Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: none
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.