Associate Store Development & Construction Project Manager
Responsible for supporting the Senior Project Manager - Store Development & Construction on a variety of functions, including contract review and administration, payment processing, tracking, and auditing. This role will provide assistance with project management portion of projects such as kickoff and progress meetings, submittals, RFI’s and construction related documentation. The role requires strong business relationships with external entities (architects, engineers, contractors, vendors, building owners) as well as internal (Store Merchandising, Store Design, Real Estate, Retail Operations).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Assist with coordination and administration of project kickoff meetings and weekly project status meetings. Provide administrative assistance with recording and issuing notes. Follow up and provide reporting on status and / or completion of open items to external entities (architects, engineers, contractors, vendors, building owners) as well as internal (Store Merchandising, Store Design, Real Estate, Retail Operations).
• Assist with National Account Vendor orders, tracking, invoicing, and payment. Route and track quotes through internal channels for creation of Requisitions, place order with vendor, and coordinate shipping timing. Code invoices, route, and track approved documents for signatures and payment. Review weekly status reports from vendors to confirm orders and shipments are on time.
• Responsible for job setup and filing system tasks, such as project folder creation on LAN and Outlook, population and maintenance of fields on Schedule Cover Sheet with project-specific contacts and data (may require coordination with Retail Ops and Accounting teams), and data entry into Lucernex software (when live).
• Assist with processing of General Contractor and Architect contract documents, change orders, and billings. Route and track approved documents through internal channels for signatures and processing.
• Support with administrative tasks related to competitive bidding of projects. Coordinate bid list, issue invitation to bid, scope of work, and addendum documents to contractors and document acceptance or declination to bid. Transfer bid numbers to comparison and analysis documents for post-bid reviews.
• Ensure all project closeout documents are received and filed at completion of projects, such as lien wavers and O&M Manuals.
• Provide, request, and track completion of AIA Document A305 “Contractor Qualification Statement” and LZB Contractor Prequalification forms by all contractors on bid lists, or from contractors applying to be on bid list.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position will support additional areas of the team and requires keen attention to details, as errors or deadlines missed could result in missed sales to both dealers and LZB. Position therefore supports company and dealer growth and sales initiatives. Assists with ensuring all approved projects are on time and in budget, and all change orders, invoices, etc. are processed on time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management or related field with 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Proven experience working in construction field (preferably commercial construction)
• Familiarity with construction administration procedure and requirements and project management and construction terminology
• Excellent organization, follow through, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to support multiple projects, prioritize competing demands and apply risk mitigation to get back on track
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
• Travel Required: Up to 10%
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Specific physical and/or environmental demands are an essential part of the job including Office environment and occasional requirements to climb ladders, kneel, squat, balance, reach overhead, pull, push and lift up to 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.