Provides technical and administrative advice to team members for a 24/7 maintenance operations and facility departments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Provides the direction for all preventative maintenance, machine repair and building service activities to ensure production equipment and facility support systems are maximized for a multi-shift furniture manufacturing facility.
• Ensure the JD Edwards/Oracle CMMS system is fully utilized to manage all maintenance programs, and track maintenance work orders for time, materials, and costs. Monitors department metrics for trends and implements corrective action as required.
• The manager must possess extensive knowledge of PLC’s, Electronics, Pneumatics, Mechanical Equipment, Wood-fired Boiler Systems, Direct Expansion HVAC Systems, Closed Loop Chilled Water HVAC Systems and Absorption Chillers.
• Manages department supervisors and personnel to optimize productivity, support good manufacturing practices, and promote training and development.
• Responsible for supporting the lean manufacturing process by assigning project work, coordinating and scheduling with other departments, and selecting and assigning outside suppliers.
• The manager assists in the development of annual budget using historical information on MRO expense and maintenance schedules. Track expenses by supplier, purchase orders, equipment usage; informs staff members of budget status and performance against goals.
• Work closely with the Facilities Engineer to implement new and improved procedures/methodologies for the Maintenance department in order to minimize costs and maximum efficiencies.
• The manager is responsible for insuring compliance with all applicable OSHA, Local, State and Regulatory programs. Coordinates with the Safety Manager for training, department audits and corrective action procedures.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Responsible for the maintenance and reliability of over 3,000 assets within 4 diverse manufacturing business units and 1.2 million sq. ft. buildings housing approximately 1600 site associates. The business units supported consist of 2 supply centers servicing the division and 2 profit centers. Requires a diverse knowledge base to be efficient in a rapid-paced setting. Directly manages a staff of approximately 3 salaried supervisors and 40 maintenance technicians while also providing indirect support for typically 20 -30 different external contractors.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) preferred or equivalent; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical prints, technical journals and financial reports.
• Excellent Leadership qualities/skills
• Outstanding organizational/interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to communicate with all levels of employees
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. The manager must have the ability to apply all concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• The manager must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Design software; Internet software; Project Management software and Database software.
• High level of competence in mechanical, electrical, HVAC and construction fields
• Construction estimating experience
• Experience with public services
• Control Systems; Allen Bradley, Siemens, Modicon, Andover, Banner, Keyence, Fanuc, Motoman, Square D, General Electric, ITE, Oracle JD Edwards
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: 3 Salaried Supervisors
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. Must be able to climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift 30-40 lbs. and other physical activities to complete the essential functions of the job.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.