Night Shift Production Supervisor (Coach)
This position is responsible for the direct leadership of assembly employees and productivity. Effectively balance the quality and productivity while maintaining a safe workplace.
What you would be doing....Key Responsibilities/other duties as assigned:
• Delivers effective/interactive communications and activities to support positive morale
• Track team efficiencies for improvement
• Provide the leadership to develop and maintain a safe workplace
• Enforces quality standards; ensures the product meets specifications
• Oversee and ensure an efficient and cost-effective flow of product through the production system
• Ensures compliance with standard operational work practices; including E1 requirements to maintain accurate inventory levels
• Maintain 5S processes
• Kronos time administration
• Maintain an informative report outboard with status information
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This role is responsible for supporting and coordinating all production operations within the assigned area(s). This position supports hourly employees to effectively and efficiently perform the functions of their jobs in order to increase production. Success is based on meeting the daily production schedule, and continuously improving safety, quality, and employee morale. Approximate direct reports range from 12 – 60.
• High School Diploma or GED with 2-4 years of relevant experience including 1-3 years of supervisory/leadership experience or equivalent
• Travel Required: 0%
• Associate’s degree
• Certificate in Lead Manufacturing
• 4-6 years of supervisory/leadership experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for directing other employees’ daily work activities and undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action, and performance reviews for a range of 12-60 employees.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.