Accounting Manager - Relocation Assistance Available
Manage the general ledger and close process, preparation and consolidation of residential division internal financial statements and general accounting functions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Manages the general ledger and monthly close process for the Residential division. Oversees submission of operating results to corporate accounting via the corporate consolidation tool.
• Supports financial reporting including reporting of operating results and variance analysis to management for the residential division. Including, but not limited to, weekly updates, monthly report outs and quarterly business review presentations.
• Manages the monthly forecast process and annual budget process for the residential SG&A departments. Oversees submission of forecasts and annual budget to corporate accounting via the corporate consolidation tool.
• Oversees general ledger maintenance. Including, but not limited to, chart of account set up and maintenance, repeating journal entry set up, allocation set up, and accounting instruction set up.
• Maintains appropriate internal controls including SOX and other compliance measures for general ledger and financial reporting.
• Coordinates with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews, SOX audit and year-end audit.
• Reviews journal entries and account reconciliations prepared by staff accountants, including ensuring adequate support and documentation of review.
• Partners with management to ensure understanding of financial goals and performance against those goals by helping to identify and manage risks and opportunities.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position will manage the general ledger and close process, preparation and consolidation of Residential Division internal financial statements and general accounting functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with 6-8 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
• Understanding of GAAP accounting principles; Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act
• 3 – 5 years of Supervisory/Leadership experience.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power Point
• Ability to work with little supervision and manage deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and organizational skills
• Up to 5% travel
• CPA, CMA Certification
• Oracle/JD Edwards Enterprise One experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May supervise up to three (3) staff accountants
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment/no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.