Senior Administrative Assistant - Construction & Design
Responsible for supporting the Store Merchandising team on a variety of functions, including contract review and administration, payment processing, tracking, and auditing. Aids with project execution of project tasks such as database entry and management, issuing reports, kickoff and progress meetings, project schedules, submittals, RFI’s and construction related documentation and orders. Also performs other administrative and coordination duties for the Project Managers while assisting other department team members. The role requires strong business relationships with external entities (architects, engineers, contractors, vendors, building owners) as well as internal (Store Merchandising, Store Design, Real Estate, Retail Operations).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Perform coordination and administration of project kickoff meetings and weekly project status meetings and also recording and issuing notes. Follow up and provide reporting on status and / or completion of open items to external entities (architects, engineers, contractors, vendors, building owners) as well as internal (Store Merchandising, Real Estate, Retail Operations).
• Facilitate National Account Vendor orders, tracking, invoicing, and payment. Route and track quotes through internal channels for creation of Requisitions, place order with vendor, and coordinate shipping timing. Code invoices, route, and track approved documents for signatures and payment. Review weekly status reports from vendors to confirm orders and shipments are on time.
• Responsible for job setup and filing system tasks, such as project folder creation on LAN and Outlook, population, and maintenance of fields on Schedule Cover Sheet with project-specific contacts and data (may require coordination with Retail Ops and Accounting teams); and data entry and management into Lucernex software (when live).
• Maintain and issue key reports (Project Status Report, MS Project Gantt Charts etc.) based on direction from PM team
• Perform processing of General Contractor and Architect contract documents, change orders, and billings. Route and track approved documents through internal channels for signatures and processing.
• Execute support tasks related to competitive bidding of projects. Coordinate bid list, issue invitation to bid, scope of work, and addendum documents to contractors and document acceptance or declination to bid. Transfer bid numbers to comparison and analysis documents for post-bid reviews.
• Ensure all project closeout documents are received and filed at completion of projects, such as lien wavers and O&M Manuals.
• Provide, request, and track completion of AIA Document A305 “Contractor Qualification Statement” and LZB Contractor Prequalification forms by all contractors on bid lists, or from contractors applying to be on bid list.
• Organize and coordinate dealer mailings, project input submittals and communications related to projects (Project Reference Manuals, materials packets, Branded Space Project Request Kits, etc.).
• Prepare documents and presentations as requested.
• Archive project materials/drawings (paper and electronic); maintain paper archives of projects and related maintenance report.
• Coordinate travel arrangements, trip requests and expense reports for Project Managers.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position will support various areas of the Store Merchandising team and requires keen attention to details, as errors or deadlines missed could result in missed sales to both dealers and LZB. Position therefore supports company and dealer growth and sales initiatives. Assists with ensuring all approved projects are on time and in budget, and all change orders, invoices, etc. are processed on time.
• High school diploma or GED with 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• 1-3 years’ experience working in commercial construction field
• Familiarity with construction administration procedure and requirements
• Excellent organization, follow through, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Ability to support multiple projects, prioritize competing demands and apply risk mitigation to get back on track
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
• Travel Required: 5%
• Associates Degree in Architecture, Construction Management, or Project Management or related field with 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Specific physical and/or environmental demands are an essential part of the job including Office environment and occasional requirements to climb ladders, kneel, squat, balance, reach overhead, pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.