Senior IT Project Manager
Responsible for leading teams to deliver IT project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. Has overall responsibility and authority for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to the companies most critical IT technology projects.
• Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives and critical multimillion-dollar projects that span several lines of business
• Provide on-site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
• Provide solutions address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices as well as Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
• Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks, issues and status reporting.
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key company executives.
• Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and stakeholders
• Coach, mentor, motivate and provide guidance to project and program team as well as less experienced Project Managers
• Ensure projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
• Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
• Other duties as assigned
SCOPE & IMPACT: This position is responsible for leading critical, multimillion projects that impact manufacturing, eCommerce, finance and accounting, human resources, retail and enterprise technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field with 6-8 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
• PMP Certificate
• 3-5 years of Supervisory/Leadership experience
• Extensive experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
• Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
• Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
• Proficient in the use of MS Office especially Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Highly competent in estimating, planning, tracking and reporting project status, while managing change requests and project scope
• Ability to effectively work with both technical staff and business process owners
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and independently
• 15% Travel Required
• Master’s Degree
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None. May oversee the work of others as part of a project.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.