Manufacturing Process Engineer I
Plans direct and coordinates processes and projects to improve the efficiency of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel.
- Provide strategic recommendations to senior management to reduce the waste of resources and time, and to improve productivity
- Develop projects of higher safety, productivity, and quality for operator utilization, space requirements, and production flow improvements
- Simplify production methods
- Identify opportunities and implement Poke yoke, SMED, KANBAN, JIT, and root cause analysis techniques
- Improve labor utilization by facilitating new methods of production, new workflows, new operator techniques, and capital spending with the work team
- Test and analyze new processes and results to recommend implementation of new production methods, workflows, operator techniques, and capital with the work team
- Project planning, design, and implementation
- Assist management in establishing cost analysis techniques, financial plans, and aides in estimating future financial performance
- Coordinate with vendors to determine product specifications, arranges the purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to quality standards
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Provide project/ cost savings reporting and reconciling for a location to achieve AOP results. The results derived by this position may have a direct impact on financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledge of Team Dynamics
- Up to 10% travel
- Master’s degree
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.