Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician is responsible for safely providing predictive, preventative, and emergency mechanical and electrical maintenance services for production and infrastructure systems as necessary to maintain process efficiency for the La-Z-Boy Newton campus.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
- Perform routine scheduled, preventive, and emergency maintenance on plant electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Install, repair, adjust, and test equipment and components to ensure that systems function properly.
- Inspect or examine equipment, structures, materials, or components to identify causes of errors or identify defects.
- Effectively use computer to manage work orders, document work, and requisition parts/materials to accomplish required maintenance in an efficient and organized manner.
- Communicate and cooperate with machine operators; operate equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions, and verify system problems.
- Determine correct types of equipment, tools, or materials needed to complete tasks.
- Test faulty equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test equipment or software, and applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
- Work effectively as a team-member and coordinate activities with others as needed.
- The level one multi craft will be expected to be able to complete above responsibilities with moderate supervision and assistance. They will be able to use mechanical, electrical equipment, techniques and test equipment to conduct basic trouble shooting and repairs. Equipment would include but not limited to electrical multi-meter, dial indicators, strain gauges, belt tension gauges, belt wear gages. Would need to have a 70% on at least all 4 aptitude tests as well as demonstrate skill level.
The multi craft technician will be an integral part of the plants over all reliability. This reliability will reflect from machine performance to the finished unit sitting in the customers home. The technician will be expected to deliver quality and on time work. They will be able to use the work order system to carry out the work packages that are assigned to them with minimal guidance or rework.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certification or equivalent training and experience of 18 months
- Must be knowledgeable, adhere to, and enforce stated safety policies and procedures. Incorporate and maintain safe behavior into all activities and consistently comply with all established safety and health policies and procedures.
- Has knowledge, training, 1-3 years’ experience, and be able to demonstrate a working understanding of the following-
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and document simple and complex machine malfunctions to mechanical and electrical components, devices, and/or systems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents including diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, schematics, or ladder logic diagrams.
- Ability to perform necessary welding, fabrication, and machine shop tasks incidental to maintenance and repair needs.
Military experience in a technical field OR an Associated Degree in: Industrial Maintenance Technology (IMT), Mechatronics degree, Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Degree, Electro-Mechanical Degree, 2 yr Automated Manufacturing technology degree (AMT), or 2 yr. Electrical Engineering Technology (EET).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (List # of direct reports or none)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Indicate any physical demands required to perform essential functions and/or work environments that the incumbent is subject to in performing the essential functions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.