In-Home Service Technician - Seattle (Training available)
Are you a customer service superstar? Are you the type of person that other people look to for help to fix a problem? If you’re great with people and can work a path to a solution, then we need to connect. You’ll be the person our customers hear from, see and work with when they’re in need of service or repair. No furniture repair experience necessary – We will train the right candidate!!! Great benefits and an amazing corporate culture. Come join our team now!!!
Provides after delivery service to our customers to address any concerns with their product. Provides resolution by diagnosing and repairing all aspects of customer concerns. This position is located in Seattle, WA area.
• This position establishes credibility with customers, inspects products to identify any manufacturing defects, product abuse, and other issues
• Diagnoses issues and provides solutions to customers, including time to repair, costs, and other potential options. May contact a Representative at the Contact Center or Field Services Supervisor if the product is beyond repair, for questions on warranty, etc. If unable to provide resolution, communication must be made to the Contact Center to provide further options for resolution including up to full replacement of the product.
• Completes all data entry requirements after each service visit and enters service information into customer's ticket (add notes from the service event/attach photos of product highlighting customer's concerns and product label). Responsible for daily ordering of service parts and properly stocking service van with parts inventory
• Schedules service appointments with customers and manages routing schedule. Responsible for communications with customers (e.g., phone, email, text, etc.). Must also attempt to contact customers a 2nd & 3rd time if the customer does not respond via preferred communications method, leaving detailed messages and requesting responses
• Communicates effectively with Supervisor, explaining details of escalated customer concerns. Informs Supervisor of any accidents, personal issues, customers that are not at home upon arrival, or any situation that needs immediate action
• Partners with store personnel to maintain showroom inventory and to assist with customer's concerns for final issue resolution
• Maintains company owned service vehicle, including maintenance and cleaning, reporting any concerns to Field Services Supervisor immediately
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position has direct contact with our customer base and is responsible for knowledge of company products, parts, and warranties. Quality of repair/resolution, may impact customer service level metrics (e.g., repeat visit counts, first time fix rate, next available service, etc). Technicians must also possess the necessary soft skills to effectively communicate with customers while representing La-Z-Boy in a positive light.
• High school diploma or GED with 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Valid US issued driver's license
• Maintain acceptable driving record that meets company expectations.
• Possess complete understanding of repair, repair process and next steps
• Furniture Repair experience
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. Often required to sit, hear, listen, talk, stand, bend, kneel, squat, pull, push, lift up to 30 pounds. Seldom required to use repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walk, stoop, climb stairs, crouch, balance, reach overhead, and lift over 50 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.