Database Administrator III
Define, create, and maintain the enterprise data model with focus on Oracle RDBMS. Also maintain and administer Postgres RDBMS.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Administer all database objects - tables, clusters, indexes, view, sequences, packages and procedures on both the Oracles and Postgres databases. Schedule and optimize maintenance tasks such as reorg/re-index, update statistics to ensure optimal performance and availability. Reorganize databases structures at regular intervals to provide an efficient database environment that will maximize productivity and improve performance.
• Analyze, test, and implement database design supporting various business applications for development, integrated test and production environments.
• Design, implement, and enforce the company's data security policies. Responsible for logical and physical database design, backup and recovery strategy including disaster recovery, high availability, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management.
• Identify and lead strategic database initiatives, including upgrades, new technology and processes (e.g., patches, compliance, security), and new roles; engaging the appropriate cross functional technical resources to determine solutions, recommend outcomes and drive project plan through to timely completion.
• Provide first level application support in Oracle, Postgres, and Microsoft database environments running on Linux and Windows servers. Facilitate application development and customer problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
• Conduct application transaction volume and traffic analysis assessing the impact of database performance. Monitor database growth and usage to ensure optimum performance and stability in production environment.
• Design and configure database architecture, including hardware and physical layout.
• Perform data refreshes on request to support development and model office test environments.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position will support the mission critical databases - Agile, RMS, OTM, SOM, and SOA.
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 - 6 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Up to 10% travel
• One to three years of supervisory / leadership experience
• Technical Skills: Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC); Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM); Oracle Enterprise Manager; Oracle Active Guard
• Project management, System development lifecycle, written and oral communication skills
• Oracle DBA certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.