Customer Service - Call Center $15/hr. Part/Full-time
Starting Pay $15.00 per/hr. Business Hours, No Sundays, Paid Vacation, Holidays & Great Benefits.
Join our award-winning Customer Service Team and help us transform houses into homes. La-Z-Boy offers a clean, safe work environment with Covid-19 Safety Protocols in place, a diverse and inclusive culture, along with career growth opportunities.
Why Choose La-Z-Boy?
- Be a part of a socially responsible and sustainable company
- Work at our modern World Headquarters offering safe socially distant work environment
- Enjoy our on-site Café & Marketplace
- Great employee perks - purchase discounts, referral & recognition programs
The Customer Service Representatives receive and respond to general and routine customer inquiries regarding business products and services under direct and indirect supervision. Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service in a respectful, courteous, and timely manner to ensure concerns are resolved within established guidelines. Acts as a “customer liaison” throughout the service process.
• Handles a limited number of call types that are general in nature, i.e. in-home service requests. Responds to general non-phone tasks including email and resolved tech reports. Defuses customer situations, works closely with co-workers and supervisors to resolve customer issues.
• Uses multiple computer systems to schedule in-home service visits, place part orders update service records for warranty and non-warranty issues. Processes customer transactions for sales activity utilizing credit card point of sales system.
• Escalates problems or decisions to appropriate individuals based on established guidelines and procedures when necessary. Defuses difficult customers and develops a solution.
• Initiates outbound communication via various means to keep customers informed of status and expectations.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
Meets or exceeds performance expectations including call handling (CPH), email responses (EPH), quality, dependability, and schedule adherence. Ability to impact department financial performance based on offering of discounts, waving service fees and recommendations on return good authorizations. Has access to confidential customer credit card information.
• High school diploma or GED with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service – friendly, courteous, empathetic, and helpful, interpersonal skills and telephone etiquette
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word
• Ability to navigate through multiple web browsers, windows, and systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands. Nearly continuously sit, use repetitive hand motion, hear and listen. Seldom walk.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.