Business Analyst - Commercial
Responsible for identifying and documenting business needs, to include understanding their structure, processes, operations and interpreting their rules, requirements, and workflows to help the business achieve their goals and resolve business challenges via information technology solutions. This role acts as a liaison between the business and technology functions of the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Facilitate requirements gatherings/meetings with business partners to gather requirements for IT solutions, and also identify impacted business processes to help facilitate IT solution integration.
• Support the design, configuring, testing, training, deployment and support of strategic projects utilizing the defined software development life cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology (PMM). Identify and recommend areas of process improvements by analyzing industry and company best practices.
• Enhance current system functionality by facilitating business requests and assessing, defining, and documenting solution recommendations.
• Develop user acceptance test (UAT) plans and test scenarios and manages the execution of UAT. Documents test results and monitors and reports testing results and status to IT leadership and business.
• Support production environment by resolving production incidents and providing day to day support and education to system business users.
• Act as liaison between departmental end-users, outside vendors, suppliers and IT.
• Ensure proper configuration management is followed for IT systems.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This role supports multiple internal and external systems and technology bases. Responsibilities include support of functional areas across multiple disciplines, and divisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or related field with 2-4 years of experience relevant experience or equivalent
• Ability to effectively work with both technical staff and business process owners
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate technical terminology at all levels
• Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and independently
• Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, SQL, business process modeling
• Travel Required: up to 10%
• Master’s degree in Computer Science/IT
• Knowledge of software such as Java, BRMS, Oracle database and SoapUI
• Strong documentation skills
• Skilled with project management and organizational tools
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Indicate any physical demands required to perform essential functions and/or work environments that the incumbent is subject to in performing the essential functions.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.