Industrial Maintenance Controls Electrician
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 2021
JOB TITLE: Industrial Maintenance Controls Electrician
GRADE: N20 - $25.17/hour
HOURS:1st Shift: 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Maintenance & Safety Sensitive Position
LOCATION: Siloam Spring, AR
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions in primary (high voltage) circuits and systems including cutouts, switchgears and transformers. Troubleshoots and repairs malfunctions in equipment controls. Isolates faults in high voltage distribution system and replaces buss runs. Operates all high voltage controls and switchgears including repair, and Leads, guides and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques. Under limited supervision, plans electrical systems additions or modifications on secondary circuits; repairs faults in primary (high voltage) system and performs preventive maintenance on high/low voltage components.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Leads, guides, and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Operates and maintains high voltage switchgear and controls; repairs and maintains motor control centers and programmable logic controls.
- Troubleshoots and repairs primary distribution system malfunctions such as ground fault tracing and cable replacement.
- Plans electrical secondary system additions or modifications.
- May perform work of lower level electricians and mechanics.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Reads, employs, and updates electrical panel schedules and building or systems blueprints.
- Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENT(S):
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License and Insurance Coverage.
- Effective communication/interpersonal skills
- Good attendance record
- Meet physical requirements of position
- Knowledge of electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor controls, and programmable logic controllers.
- Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, battery chargers, circuit breakers, and transformers.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to multi-task and complete jobs efficiently and effectively.
- Formal certification in Electrical trade through accredited trade school or college
- Accredited certifications in electrical/electronic repair
- 5 to 10 years experience in Industrial Control Electrician position in a manufacturing environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and required to operate motorized equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
The Company may prohibit a qualifying medical marijuana patient from working in a safety-sensitive position (operating equipment, machinery, or production or manufacturing processes) based on a good-faith belief that the patient is engaged in current marijuana use. “Safety-sensitive positions” are positions involving safety-sensitive functions pursuant to rules, guidelines, or regulations adopted by federal or state agencies, or positions that the Company designates in writing as “safety sensitive” because working in the positions while under the influence of marijuana can pose a threat to health or safety, such as positions where an attention lapse could result in injury, illness, or death.
SPECIFIC PPE REQUIREMENTS: Safety glasses are to be worn at all times in the production area. Hearing protection is optional depending on where work is being performed and the PPE requirements for that area. Hard hats required in rack storage area.
COVID REQUIREMENT: Follow all company health screening protocol daily. Must wear face mask while in the working environment. Must observe social distancing requirements as outlined by the company guidelines.
Page 1 of 2
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.