Responsible for a multitude of accounting transactions and reconciliations each fiscal period for the assigned division. Assists with monthly variance analysis, internal and external audit requests, SOX compliance, and periodic management financial reporting.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Prepare and record transactional journal entries into the general ledger systems. These transactions may relate to a variety of areas such as fixed assets, payroll, cash, investments, expense accruals, etc.
• Reconciles balance sheet accounts. Researches, analyzes, and resolves reconciling items and unreconciled differences identified during the reconciliation process.
• Assists the business with analyzing variances between actuals and forecast each fiscal month. Documents and substantiates explanations for these variances for management review. Also, assist the business with forecast each fiscal period as needed.
• Supports division management in the preparation of various financial reports and variance analysis.
• Assists in ongoing SOX compliance, including updating, documenting, and providing support for key internal controls, as well as working with internal and external auditors to fulfill audit requests.
• Develops, documents, and posts accounting transactions into the general ledger system and the consolidations system. These transactions may relate to a variety of areas such as fixed assets, payroll, cash, investments, etc.
• Support our quarterly SEC filing process by preparing and documenting various financial statements and footnotes for review by management.
• Development and maintenance of key consolidation reports within our consolidations system.
• Supports accurate and timely external reporting
• Assist with special projects, including analysis of expenses and income statement impacts
• Initiates basic research on issues identified on respective areas.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position will support an Accounting functional area and includes numerous accounting transactions and reconciliations that will require research, analytical skills, and communication across the organization. Works with team members across the organization and at all levels on reconciliations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Excel
• Strong attention to detail and deadline driven
• Up to 5% travel
• Knowledge of general ledger accounting systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Operates in a professional office environment as well as within a manufacturing environment subject to inside environmental conditions and noise. Often required to sit, use repetitive hand motion, hear, listen, talk, stand, and walk. Seldom required to climb stairs, reach overhead, pull, push, and lift up to 30 pounds.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.