Kronos Systems Analyst II - Remote Available
This position is responsible for supporting the maintenance, enhancement, implementation of the current and future payroll systems, in addition to trouble shooting and resolving one off incidents. As a point of contact, this role supports configurations within the system to maintain company policies as well as external laws, regulations and guidelines. Main responsibilities include the day-to-day operation of the systems along with working with IT resources to ensure a stable environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties as assigned):
• Work with end users, IT technical resources and/or system support to identify, troubleshoot and resolve application issues. Identifying and resolving the root cause of production issues with the Payroll and Timekeeping Systems.
• Provide a liaison role with the IT department to represent payroll for Corporate, Retail, Casegoods and Manufacturing needs.
• Assist with application upgrades and expansions of functionality to meet changing user and organizational needs. Responsible for ensuring that the company is proactive in installing upgrades and service packs for the Kronos system.
• Perform system testing, oversee data conversion and implementation of new systems and interfaces with other systems and locations. Develop and maintain all necessary training plans and materials related to systems conversions or upgrades.
• Assist in the design of system specifications and work with programmers to develop the systems.
• Develop, update, and modify tables and reports as needed.
• Maintain system security by coordinating and monitoring the licensing of all KRONOS users and ensure current licensing limits are adhered to.
• Assist in the maintenance of systems to ensure efficient operations, processing, and report generation.
• Generate routine reports, design special complex reports as requested, and provide ad hoc reporting support.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
This position assists in the support of the two main systems to generate the payroll for the entire US employee population, in addition to supporting the payroll team in the event of system errors or malfunctions during payroll processing. System errors or malfunctions of files which affect the accounting teams are also handled by this position. Without the monitoring of these systems, the company's US population could not be paid.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field with 0-2 years of experience or equivalent
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize tasks
• Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of financial processes/concepts
• Ability to effectively obtain, analyze and convey information
• Strong prioritization, organizational, communication, and problem resolution skills
• Basic understanding of relational databases and report writing skills (preferably Access or Crystal report writing)
• Ability to work independently
• Travel Required: Up to 5%
• General knowledge of FLSA and US pay regulations
• Knowledge of the configuration and design of the Kronos Workforce Timekeeper application and the Workday Payroll application and experience maintaining and troubleshooting these systems
• Experience with various payroll processing, i.e. manufacturing, retail bonus and commission pay
• Experience with managing projects of medium to high complexity
• Previous experience with KRONOS, Workday and JDEdwards
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Office environment/no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
At La-Z-Boy, we are committed to fostering an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We understand that our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, quality products, and is of upmost importance as we work together to Build Something Amazing.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled:
La-Z-Boy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our practice to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. All employment decisions and related entities will be made on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It is our policy and commitment to ensure equal opportunity is provided in all employment opportunities and practices, regardless of race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. La-Z-Boy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail [email protected] or call (734) 242-1444. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under law, please CLICK HERE.