King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, currently seeks an M&A and Capital Markets Financial Analyst in New York. Financial analyst will function as part of the analyst group integrated within King & Spalding’s Corporate, Finance and Investments Team. The analyst will work with various practice groups to provide financial analysis and support on complex, high-value transactions, as well as providing knowledge and expertise on target clients and market trends. M&A and Capital Markets Financial Analyst will report to the CFI Practice Group leaders.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Financial analysis of target companies and clients, including stock ownership, stakeholder analysis, financial performance and ongoing financial analysis of client profiles.
- Review, analyze, and interpret data relating to investments made by financial institutions, including legal documents, that aids the practice groups in their decision-making processes.
- Perform, synthesize, and provide research and other due diligence and data on such investments and institutions and make informed recommendations to the practice group teams.
- Create pitches and presentation materials to be used by practice groups for prospective matters, client engagement and business development efforts.
- Conceptualize, write, produce, and distribute client services communications, including internal client newsletters, fact sheets, financial profiles and client news to be used internally and externally to secure or support client mandates.
- Manage data regarding external client development efforts, including tracking relationships and reporting activity to the client team leaders.
- Compile data from multiple systems, such as client and firm financials, relationship maps, 3rd party data providers, and internal/external communications to generate ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
- Monitor and track various industries, financial market dynamics, client news, and market trends and inform and educate the practice group teams.
- Work with the Marketing and Business Development teams to create and/or update marketing materials for client teams and practice groups.
- Assist with other special projects, where financial acumen is needed.
- Knowledge of all key clients and priority targets.
- Perform various administrative tasks.
- Work experience: minimum 2-3 years banking experience (preferably M&A, Equity Capital Markets, Corporate Finance, or Equity Research)
- Commitment: 2 years
- Education: Bachelor or higher
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills, especially in explaining market events
- Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high-quality standards
- Ability to work quickly under short deadlines and in a team environment
- Demonstrates creativity, problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Ability to develop credibility with internal and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as a team, and deliver high-quality work product and service in a timely manner and with short deadlines
- Ability to take initiative with all aspects of daily and special assignments
- Ability to quickly adapt styles as the situation requires
- Proficiency with various software programs, including Microsoft Office and others
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, PitchBook, Thomson Reuters Eikon
- Available to work overtime as required
- Expected to be consistently in the office and at times be on-call and available non-working hours
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties may be assigned, and requirements may vary from time to time.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.