Paralegal - Government Matters
Government Matters - Healthcare
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Paralegal to join our Healthcare team in Los Angeles. The practice group offers the opportunity for a Paralegal to join an innovative and collaborate team focused on providing the highest quality of support to the firm’s attorneys. This position is under the direction of the Paralegal Services Department.
The firm offers a competitive compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
This position provides litigation support to healthcare lawyers. The individual must be able to work independently in an environment that is heavily computer-based, follow established client and team guidelines for case and matter management, maintain positive contact with clients, and observe confidentiality of client matters.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills:
- Complete understanding of the litigation process, especially large case management; manage all facets of case from discovery through trial.
- Assist with electronic document productions using database management software.
- Assist with document reviews for responsiveness; identify privileged documents, documents for redaction, and case issues in context.
- Prepare and maintain document and transcript databases in various formats.
- Must have excellent skills with managing documents, exhibits, notebooks, and spreadsheets in court trials and arbitration proceedings.
- Must have good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and related computer skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient in litigation applications/software, such as Relativity.
- Strong multitasking skills working on multiple matters at the same time with several different lawyers and other staff.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including attorneys and other paralegals and assistants, sharing information, goals, and opportunities accordingly.
- Must be a flexible, proactive, self-starter, in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and timelines; ability to work under tight deadlines on detailed tasks.
- Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Experience with facility or medical claims, billing, and coding a plus, whether as a paralegal or on the business side.
- Bachelor’s degree with a 3.5 cumulative GPA preferred; paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved school required.
- Approximately 4-8 years of defense litigation experience in a mid- to large-size law firm
- Strong, concise communication and written skills.
- Able to work overtime, including weekends, sometimes as needed, without notice.
- Some travel may be necessary.
- Able to lift boxes that weigh up to 20 lbs.; able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.